Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jonathn Swifts' poems no.2

the lady's dressing room
I thought this poem was really gross. The description of her dirty dressing room made me sick. I know that everybody poops but did Swift really have to take it that far? Celia was a nasty lady. line 40 really put it over the top. It's also reflected in lines 119-124 which say," But vengeance, goddess never sleeping, Soon punished Strephon for his peeping. His foul imagination links Each dame he sees with all her stinks, And, if unsavory Oder's fly, conceives a lady standing by." The guy was traumatized for life. Celia ruined it for all lady's. but what was he doing in her dressing room anyway and how come he had to look in her toilet? What an idiot. I think he had some screws loose to begin with but seeing and smelling Celia's poop didn't make it any better. I really feel bad for the guy.
The reason That induces Swift to write a lady's dressing room
I thought that her rebuttal to The lady's dressing room was pretty good. Although i don't think her motives were pure. She took a low blow at swift in describing him going to see a prostitute and he's a priest. This lady must have really hated swift. Although I agree with her when she says," That all is right but his head is wrong." I think swift was pretty messed up for writing all these poems about disgusting topics. The Author of the poem was very effective in making Swift look like a pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment