Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hey I have been swamped with work, it is really close to graduation

I missed the first week of class, due to mis advisement, go figure! So my actual first class was on last Wednesday and I must say that my pre notion of the class was nothing of what I experienced sitting there. Dr. Kilgore is actually fun and not boring, the least I can say for some teachers. As far as the readings are concerned I am looking forward to his rendition of Beowulf and see how he explains this story to simplicity. The reading that we discussed on Wednesday about the Caedmon's Hymn, is basically like I would have to agree with Kelli, it was boring, not trying to offend anyone but it is just like most biblical stories, God is trying to deliver a message to the people by any means necessary and usually that is through other people. The story was just like every other "Moses and the burning bush story", and if you attend church like I, then you will understand why i made this reference. But as an end note I am looking forward for the rest of the year and I hope he keeps it interesting and relatively easy considering the information content.

1 comment:

  1. Hey -- "he" is reading! :)

    Glad you're finally aboard!

    Your connect to the Moses and burning bush story is a really good one (bashful guy gets hit by the power of God and then does something remarkable). And you're right, there are many of these stories. But don't take your Biblical knowledge for granted: those connects are not so obvious to everybody, so they are valuable in our discussions.

    What makes this interesting, I guess to me, it that it's the first poem we have in something we could call English. And that it's a religious poem is significant in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete