Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Beowulf

Hey everybody, pray all is going well for all. I am enjoying this poem(story). I guess the kid in me enjoys about reading of a hero, but also again how it goes back to the bible. The armor, helmet and his shield all of which is what is needed according to the bible for protection against evil. As we were talking in class about the strength of this man and how he fought off evil, reminded me of Samson who fought off many soldiers without a weapon. What would life be without an imagination, like I tell my students (ROTC) reading actually takes you places you have never been and that it is up to the reader to go where ever the story leads you. I have heard from so many of my friends how boring Beowulf was and I do not agree. I would like to share this, does anybody fear learning more because it may change the way you have always believe things to be? I am not questioning my religious beliefs but sometimes knowledge or acquiring it put things in my head......peace

No comments:

Post a Comment