Thursday, February 26, 2009

"You never have war unless you choose it and peace is always more to be considered than war."

This statement really caught my eye. Especially after learning about England from 1509-1542. During the time period of Henry the 8th and all his wives and kids. It's crazy to me how they went back and forth from Catholic to Protestant. I 've never herd of anything more absurd in my life. I was thinking about what I learn in church today. I want to know what the history of my religion has to do with what I am taught to believe now in church. It doesn't make sense to me to have such a rich history of the church but even today in church no one talks about it. I would think this stuff would be things that people who go to church would want and need to know. It's kinda like this whole period of history is almost swept under the rug. They really don't leave much to be desired when you think about it. The extensive blood that was shed over political power trips that the kings and Queens manifested to gain supreme authority in the name of God. I really don't think God Encourages murder. What I want to know is why the church is so involved? Why are politics and religion always intertwined? Don't they realize that religion and politics don't mix? Even now with the East and the West. The East doesn't like the West because they hate our views on religious freedom along with the entire western culture that goes along with that. And the West says the East is wrong. But really, who's right? And who was right back in England when everyone was getting there head cut of in the name of God? Is the true church the traditional catholic church? Or was the Protestant reformation right on? I'm going with what I know. One thing I do know is that Henry the 8th was wrong for how he did all his wives. Frankly, I'm pissed that England became protestant because he wanted to get divorced. It makes protestanism look really bad. I know that in the bible it says the only way you can divorce your spouse is if they cheat on you. Although that usually doesn't happen. It's sad to say that even confessing Christians get divorced for other reasons then that. What's there excuse? Henry the 8th did it.... Yeah probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment