Monday, February 9, 2009

Reading Chaucer

I still enjoyed Beowulf and Sir Gawain a whole lot better than The General Prologue. Maybe because of the action and the macho thing that both poems had. I am serious when I said that our group discussions open up my head to different view points. At the beginning I kind of took it as a bunch of people taking a trip together. I see now how the poem rhymes and how detail the author is about the characters, still would not be one of my favorites, but starting to understand that this is all leading to something and that the author is describing them how he See's them and from memory.....help Beowulf

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand where you are coming from, but I am definitely appreciating the literature by Chaucer in a different way. I love his descriptive writing, even though it isn't as fast-paced as what we have read thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have been little more patient, I love it and found it to be truely amusing. This guy is unpredictable and I like that

    ReplyDelete