Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Millers Tale

I really enjoyed the millers tale. I thought it was hilarious. The plot is so funny and the characters are so sneaky that it is almost like modern day films. My favorite character was Nicholas. He was the mastermind behind the whole scheme on John and I thought he was very clever. The whole idea behind the commiting adultery thing is something very realistic. Although the story is a comedy, it is kind of sad that adultery is thought of an ok thing to do. When Alisoun stuck her butt out to be kissed instead of her lips I thought it was hilarious. That is something I would do! I really enjoyed this story, much more than Beowulf! I think that if more ancient stories were written like this one, I would probably read a whole lot more!! Although cheating is very wrong, Chaucer did make it seem like it was acceptable because John was so jealous that he kind of "deserved" to be cheated on. I disagree, just because someone is jealous doesn't mean you should cheat on them! Not only do two wrongs not make a right, but won't cheating only make him more jealous if he were to find out?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that jealousy pushes people away, but I do not beleive he should have been played, especially at the end when all though him to be crazy.

    ReplyDelete