Monday, February 2, 2009

Sir Gawain and the green knight was a little rough a the beginning. Then came in the Green Knight and just punked everybody at King Arthur's table. I enjoyed how he came in and cut into the knights without using abusive language, he was cool in how he approached them and engaged verbally. As we said in class, which our class discussion I enjoy because I hear different views from my class mates, but when it seem that all the knight were scared we spoke about being courteous. I still think that some used their courtesy in letting the king speak as an excuse not to have to engage the Green Knight. Again I am reminded of Beowulf in how Gawain stood up for his king, even though maybe some had to do with saving face. Still he accepted the Green Knights challenge in cutting the G.Knights head off, which trip me out, but as I read on I see how all of this was just part of a much bigger plot or set up. Today I participated in our action news and I must say I had a great time with class mates doing our report. It gave me a sense of understanding what was going on in a hands on type way, yet we had fun. The test today let me know I have to take down a lot more notes, the question caught me off guard, but I am glad I not just write down what I think they are trying to say but more of the facts....cover all angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment