Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twelfth Night

"If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken and so die. That strain again, it had a dying fall. O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound that breathes upon a bank of violets, Stealing and giving odor. Enough, no more, Tis not so sweet now as it was before" I enjoy the way they speak of love, even though in this case Orsino speaks of the love for someone he knows nothing about. He is stuck on loving someone or being loved. If this were a movie I would have truly enjoyed how one thing leads to another without interuption, it just flows. I am seeing how plays done then were not just put together and were well written. The characters are given life by the way they are described and you can some what relate, especially with Feste the clown in how he new how to push the envelope without getting in trouble, which has me thinking who is the real clown for example in in the case which he calls Olivia a fool. (F)Good madonna, why mournest thou? (O) Good fool, for my brother's death. (F) I think his soul is in hell, madonna. (O) I know his soul is in heaven, fool. (F) The more fool, madonna, to mourn for your brother soul, being in heaven. Take away the fool gentlemen. This guy got away with seriously embarrassing Olivia, I know I would have been pissed off

No comments:

Post a Comment