Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken and so die. That strain again, it had a dying fall. O' it came o'er my ear like sweet sound that breaches upon a bank of violets, Stealing and giving odor. Enough, no more, Tis not so sweet now as it was before" this open statement by Orsino set the tone for what is to come. People falling in love by what they see and feel at the moment. True love takes time and like anyother love experinece if you rush into it you never know what you have until it is too late. Orsino sends Viola to do his speaking through messages and thru this blindness of love he sends someone younger and beautiful never thinking about how this could backfire. I like the clown Feste because he seems to be in control of what is going on around him. " Good madona, why mournest thou? Good fool, for my brothers death answers Olivia. Feste says I think his soul is in hell, madona. Olivia-I know his soul is in heaven, and the clown says The more fool, madona, to mourn for your brother's soul, being in heaven. To take away the fool gentleman says the clown. I would have been pissed if that were me, Feste is playing the role of a fool yet this here makes you wonder who is playing who. I really like the verbage used to communicate in this story, it makes simple feeling sound like music.

No comments:

Post a Comment